STKO v3.2.0 is ready for download!
The new version contains some important bug fixes and new features. Scroll to the end of the article for the full list.
Now, we want to take a moment to introduce the material that we know our STKdOers have been anxiously waiting for: ASDConcrete3D.
Dr. Petracca and the team at Asdea Software have been working hard to develop the ASDConcrete3D material, and it is finally ready. It is based on continuum-damage theory, where the stress tensor can be explicitly obtained from the total strain tensor without internal iterations at the constitutive level. This makes it fast and robust, suitable for simulating large-scale structures. Plasticity is added in a simplified way to have the overall effect of inelastic deformation while keeping the simplicity of continuum-damage models.
To improve the robustness and convergence of the simulation when there is strain-softening, this model optionally supports the use of the IMPL-EX integration scheme.
You can read more about the ASDConcrete3D material in the OpenSees Documentation Manual.
On January 26th, 2023 we will host a webinar to demonstrate the capabilities of the material. We have yet to open sign-ups, but we will soon, so stay tuned!
Version 3.2.0 Change log
- Fixed a bug in the ASDConstraintEquationElement in Parallel analyses
- Fixed a bug in the ReinforcingSteel material. Now all optional parameters can be used at the same time
- Fixed a formatting issue in the SurfaceLoad
Improvements and New Features (Python API)
- More functions exported to the Python API
Improvements and New Features
- Added the new ASDConcrete3D material for concrete and masonry-like materials. It represents an improvement of the old DamageTC3D
- Added new Global IMPLEX Error Control Tool
- Settings in 2D and 3D Material Tester are now persistent as in the 1D Tester
- 2D and 3D Material Tester now allow for user-defined element characteristic length (useful for testing strain-softening materials)
- The beamToSolidCoupling constraint now works also for 2D problems
- The elasticBeamColumn now supports the end-releases
We know how valuable cultural heritage structures are, and also how delicate of an issue their restoration and preservation is. That is why we are excited to share the news that one of our best partners, the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto, is...
STKO’s External Solver Library Now on Github
In order to continue to fuel collaboration and support users as best as we can in developing the software to support research needs, we have created a GitHub repository for STKO's External Solver LibraryDr. Massimo Petracca gave a webinar to demonstrate to users how...
MonStr Sensors Installed on Paolucci Bridge
On May 25, 2022, ASDEA Srl., in agreement with the municipality of Pescara, assisted Tecnolab Srl in conducting a structural survey on the Paolucci Bridge. On that occasion, ASDEA Hardware also installed 4 MonStr (MONitoraggio STRutturale) sensors continuously monitor...